Sunday, July 19, 2009

Fabulous Findon

You may remember this photo from the Quilt Hanging post - and I promised to tell you more about this dynamic duo and their fabulous kids.
Many moons ago I had the pleasure of teaching with Mary and Merrill at Findon PS. There was never a dull moment - some things don't change!

Mary's class were doing a unit of work about helping others, when she heard about Snuggle Quilts - so they decided to get involved. Over the weeks the class talked about the messages they could put onto a quilt.
Each student made a block - and the results are in their two gorgeous quilts.

Nicki, the art teacher, got involved too - and there is another quilt on the way.
Merrill is a quilter - she guided them along their way, put the blocks together and did the quilting.
This is the first one they finished - isn't it wonderful?

Just before the school holidays I headed over to Findon's Friday assembly for the official 'handing over'. It was fantastic to look at all the changes that have taken place since I left - a couple of Mary's students took me around and filled me in on all the things they're doing, and I had a chance to do some catching up with 'old' colleagues.

At the assembly Mary and her students explained what they'd been doing to the rest of the school.
I filled them in on what the Snugglequilters had been doing, then they gave me the two finished quilts.
THANK YOU guys - wherever your quilts end up, I know the new owners will feel the love that has gone into them.

A xo

No comments:

Post a Comment